Thursday, November 15, 2012

Simply amazing if God is your measure! Romans 12:3; Proverbs 11:2; Ephesians 4:13

Good morning everyone,
I really don't know where to begin because I'm not even sure where I've come from or where I'm headed.  I do know that God is with me and has been with me all along the way over these past few months.  As I talked with Deborah this morning, it became clear to me that God is simply amazing in any facet of life if you allow Him to be your measure!  Romans 12:3 says, 'For by the grace given me I say to every one of you:  Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.'  We have a tendency to measure our days on how much we have to deal with and from that, the results seem to effect our ebb and flow.  With God in control, every ebb and flow can brightly shine His character if we allow Him to use us as the vessel He created us to be!  Deborah reminded me that if God needs to keep you in a place that keeps you drawn to Him, then that is His will and that is good!  Proverbs 11:2 says, 'When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.'  Whatever He needs to do to me to keep me in the place that directs my attention to Him, that is where I want to be!!  Ephesians 4:13 says, 'until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.'  Brothers and sisters, I love each of you and let me encourage you to know that you have the same 'Blessed Assurance' available to you that has been given to me!  I'll leave you with the beautiful words of that song:
         Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. 
         Oh what a foretaste of glory divine.
         Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
         Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

         This is my story, this is my song.
         Praising my Savior, all the day long.
        
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment