Thursday, December 13, 2012

No sense complaining or trying to run away! Jonah 1:10

Good morning everyone,
Sometimes sleep eludes me as well as it does many of you!  You have a choice of whether you lay there and be miserable wondering why you can't sleep or you do something.  Most of the time, I feel it is the Lord telling me to get up because He has work for me to do.  It is times like those that give me some of the best connecting times with Him that I've experienced.  For many years, I've fought restless nights because I thought it was eating too late or just too many thoughts running through my brain.  Sometimes it is one of those reasons but more so than not, it is His way of getting my attention.  He wants to spend time with me and if I'm not going to give Him the time of day during the day (which happens more than not), then He simply wakes me up for His 'special' time!  See, I can run from Him, but when I'm at my weakest, then He simply tells me He has me right where He wants me.  I'm too tired to elude Him and I find that I pour my heart out to Him in those moments.  There is no sense complaining about what is eventually the best thing for me.  It is ironic that we run, a lot of the times, from the things that are good for us.  Are you running from Him?  Moses tried to, David tried to, Jonah tried to and many other Biblical characters tried to.  Jonah 1:10 says, This terrified them and they asked, "What have you done?"  (They knew he was running away from the Lord, because he had told them so.)  It didn't make much sense because when they became tired of running, they finally decided to listen.  When they did, each of them had 'God life changing' moments!  Are you ready to stop complaining and start listening to Him more intently.  He is persistent and He will accomplish much through you if you will just spend time with Him.  Don't try and figure out the process.  He has a much better plan than the one you are conjuring up!  He knows you because He created you and He wants you to accomplish so much more in His name than you think you are capable of accomplishing.  Jeremiah 1:5 says, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.'  He doesn't make junk, so (as my wife would say), quit complaining and do something!
Your brother in Christ,
p  

No comments:

Post a Comment