Wednesday, September 19, 2012

You make all things work together for my good! 1 Corinthians 13

Good morning everyone,
A popular Christian song titled, 'Your Love Never Fails', comes to mind this morning and it has so many incredible lyrics that I decided to share some of them with you!  Nothing can separate, even if I ran away; Your love never fails!  You make all things work together for my good.  1 Corinthians 13 has often been penned as the love chapter of the Scriptures.  'If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing....'  Verse 8 echos the title of the song by saying, 'Love never fails.  But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  Ladies and gentlemen, your Lord and Savior has made it very simple.  We make it difficult!  Love requires for you and I to allow Him to change us from the inside out.  He teaches us how to release the selfishness, bitterness, greediness, and negative thoughts through a changed heart.  No one is ever too far from His amazing love!  Seek His face and you will find that He will continually be there to make all things work together for His good!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment