Tuesday, October 9, 2012

There to break your fall! Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalm 9:9-10

Good morning everyone,
As I was preparing to start my work day yesterday, I had stopped by a fast food restaurant for a bit of lunch and as I turned to find a seat after ordering, I met a hostess face to face.  We both were startled, both stepping aside to avoid a collision.  As we did so, I became off balanced and another hostess caught me to upright me.  Her comment was that she at least was good for breaking someones fall.  I sort of laughed but that is exactly what our Lord and Savior does for us all the time.  Deuteronomy 33:27 tells us that the eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.  He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, 'Destroy them!'  Psalm 9:9-10 tells us that the Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You.  God is the same yesterday that He will be today and what He will be tomorrow.  He never changes!  That means that we can trust Him to break our falls and upright us to a better position.  Ladies and gentlemen, you are blessed to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  You may know someone that is hurting and can't see past the hurt.  Encourage them with these verses to assure them that He is capable of carrying them when they can't go on!  Psalm 23 is a great chapter to share because it gives hope when all hope has been lost!  See, when we go through the darkest valley and realize that there is no evil to fear because God is with us, then we realize He is always with us!  May He comfort you this day as only He can!
Your brother in Christ,
p     

No comments:

Post a Comment