Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our Daily Bread-Luke 11:2-3

Good morning everyone,
It seems that I find it very difficult to find time lately to do my devotionals.  Please forgive me!  It is amazing to me how easily I can get distracted and before I know it, several weeks have gone by and as I grow older, it seems that the time I spend is not always where I thought it was going to be spent.  I use to fight it all the time thinking that I had failed not only you guys, but also my Savior.  I've been reminded many times by several of you that I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but 'daily food' is important or if we go too long without it, we become unresponsive to His tuggings!  I would like to focus on verses 2 and 3 of Luke 11.  Jesus said, 'This is how you should pray.  Father, may Your name be kept holy.  May Your kingdom come soon.'  Whether I send out this devotional regularly or I fail to do so for several days, I should still remain faithful in my prayer time with the Savior.  I am still expected to spend time with Him until I leave this place or His return, which ever comes first.  I am to make Him my #1 priority and I would encourage you to do the same.  As we get tugged in many different directions, remember to keep Christ in the mix of all the messes that you find yourself in and you will be amazed at the display of order that He will provide!  As you go about your day, know that you are loved and know that He wants to be the answer even if nothing at all makes sense.  Inconveniences are going to happen; it is just a matter of when so remember to call on Him regularly so you will be able to recognize the opportunities that He allows to cross your path to see if you will take the time to make someone else feel that they are a convenience!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment