Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our daily bread (Part 2)-Proverbs 30:7-9

Good morning everyone,
It wasn't my intent to write about this today, but God has a way of steering you to read scripture that you may of thought otherwise!  Proverbs 30:7-9 (New International Version) says, 'Two things I ask of You, Lord; do not refuse me before I die:  Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches; but give me only my daily bread.  Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?'  Proverbs 30:7-9 (New Living Version) says, 'O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die.  First, help me never to tell a lie.  Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!  Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.  For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, 'Who is the Lord?'  And if I am too poor, I may steal and insult God's Holy name.'   Do you ever feel as though you are right where you should be?  In other words, it is easy to always be wanting more because to be successful, society says that you should have the biggest of everything!  But if you have all the stuff, do you still think you would have room for God?  If you are blessed with much, make sure that you remember it was just loaned to you from the start and when you leave this place, their is no U Hauls!  Be generous in giving according to what God lays on your heart!  You can't out give God and by being generous from the heart, He will continue to be faithful in providing!  If you are blessed with very little, be thankful that you don't have the temptations that many with much have!  In either case, ask the Lord to show you all His ways as you get your instructions as He fills you to full with His daily bread!   
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment