Friday, July 1, 2011

Where in the world do we find 'Opportunity?'Galatians 6:10

Hello again everyone,
Yes, I am still alive and I feel empty for not taking the time to send out a blog in the last two weeks.  Please forgive me and pray that I will get back on track to get out the message that God has in store for me.  In saying all of that, I do believe that there is a season for everything.  Over the last couple of weeks, I've experienced a different kind of bonding with the Lord.  He has asked me to be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10).  That is very difficult for someone like me who is very task oriented.  Galatians 6:10 says, 'So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.'  My pastor has reminded me a number of times that God can use you in any place that He chooses!  It isn't just in the places that we chose!  We have a tendency to limit our ministry by thinking that once we have a spot that we feel comfortable in, we stop exploring for additional opportunities.  In other words, we stop looking for opportunities that God places right before our eyes.  He stretches us but we lose our elasticity!  When we start seeing trials as blessings in our life, that is when we really truly grow in the Lord.  Do everything you do as to the glory of the Lord!  People are looking for answers.  If you happen to cross their path (and nothing happens by chance) and you have something different to offer them, there is a 50/50 chance that they will listen.  Looking at every opportunity from that prospective, if the Lord allows their ears to hear, their eyes to see, and their hearts to receive, then you have the opportunity to give them something that has been lacking and that is the gift of Jesus Christ!
Your brother in Christ,
p    

No comments:

Post a Comment