Thursday, March 22, 2012

Do you tolerate other people well? Psalm 145:9

Good morning everyone,
If I ask you the question, 'Do you have tolerance for other people's pain, what would be your response?'  Are there certain days when you have more patience than others?  Sometimes I think God presents a situation to me and I simply close my eyes and look the other way.  What?  Well, I'm in a hurry Lord and I just don't have time to reach out to that person right now.  Don't you find that when you are busiest and in a hurry that you go by a situation and you think back later you should have done something different?  Has your heart become so calloused that you simply don't give hurting folks a second look?  One day I was in one of those hurry moments when the Holy Spirit spoke into my heart and said, 'Well at least you could pray!'  See, God wants us to stop, not physically always, but He wants our attention.  He understands that we all have more on our plate than we should have or need to have, but He also knows that our attention is what He needs to have from us first.  Once He has our attention and we start realizing that people all around us are hurting, then He wants us to look and see their pain through His eyes!  Psalm 116:4-6 tells us about a condition that we are all faced with without Him ruling our hearts.  Then I called on the name of the Lord:   "Lord, save me!"  The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.  The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, then He saved me.  Maybe you ask Him to save you along time ago and God Bless you but we live in a world of hurting people.  People that don't understand that they need to call out to the Lord and ask Him to save them.  It might just be your compassion that brings them to the point that they realize they need the Savior.  See, God puts us in situations to see if we will stop long enough so that He can use us more effectively!  When we start giving our heart over to Him, He will show you what you can remove from your plate so that you have time that you didn't know existed!  Compassion is a gift from God and the compassion that He has shown you is the same compassion that He wants you to show to others.  Psalm 145:9 sums it up well; The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made.   
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment