Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Adversity and connectivity! Ephesians 6:13; Proverbs 3:26

Good morning everyone,
It has been sometime since I have written a devotional on the blog and I feel a little disconnected or like something is missing; yet, the last couple of weeks have brought me closer to my Lord and Savior.  There have been times of adversity and those times have created a greater connection to Him!  Have you ever felt as though you had a God moment and then it was followed by times of, for lack of words, a great 'void?'  In that period of void, we become vulnerable to satan and his schemes, so we need to be prepared.  Ephesians 6:13 says, 'Therefore, take up the full armour of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.'  It is not hard to stand firm when we are in His place.  It is difficult when we start the battle!  Recently Deborah had surgery, our daughter Ariel came to live with us, I had an MRI on my shoulder, my traveling has intensified, I'm in need of a second MRI, and in some ways life seems to be out of control; especially on the smaller scale!  But on the larger scale, those 'curve balls of life' have caused me to wait patiently so that I could hit 'head-on' what was not hittable!  They have brought me closer to my Lord and Savior, my wife, my children, and to each of you.  It has given me a sense of clarity and a sense of appreciation like never before.  When I see the immediate problem, God sees the solution.  Am I connected to Him well enough to see it also?  Proverbs 3:26 tells us that the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.  Realize that the closer you get to God, the more important it will be to have on His full armour!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment