Saturday, November 19, 2011

Are you hungry? Matthew 25:35

Good morning everyone,
As I sit and ponder what I'm going to do today, I wonder if you feel the same way I feel?  Have you been so busy lately that you're not sure what has kept you going?  My schedule has been chaotic to the point of exhaustion, but my Lord has restored this tired and weary soul!  Today has been my first lazy day in a long time and I've been thinking about a question that I think we all need to consider!  For most of us here in the United States, hunger is quickly disappated because we eat because we can!  In a lot of countries, hunger is a common occurance and many individuals go to sleep at night with their stomachs still growling!  It isn't a matter of opening up the pantry and fixing a late night snack!  It is more about simply trying to survive!  As you approach your day, consider feeding someone else so that you can put yourself in a hungry persons shoes.  As you buy someones meal, also offer them this verse!  Matthew 25:35
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,Matthew 25:34-36 (in Context) Matthew 25 (Whole Chapter)

Ladies and gentlemen, feed people with physical food and in addition, feed them the word of God and they will see the face of God!  Love folks right where you are at and share what God has so richly Blessed you with and two things will happen!  Love changes each heart and Jesus Christ will shine through the situation.  See, people need to know that Jesus Christ is real in your life and they need to see Him at work and not be just a bunch of words!
May God richly Bless each of you as you seek His face and serve so others are given the same opportunities that you have been so richly given!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment