Friday, November 18, 2011

Persevering when you feel beat up! 1 Corinthians 13:6-8

Good morning everyone,
Some days it would just be better if we didn't have to face the barrage of issues that are going to happen.  These past few weeks, I've seen love ones go through seemingly unsurmountable attacks!  Physical ailments, mental meltdowns, Spiritual warfare, and the list goes on and on.  Through it all, I've noticed a common thread that makes those situations bearable.  It has allowed me to spend opportunistic time with my Savior to lift those concerns to Him!  1 Corinthians 13:6-8 seems to jump off the pages of Scripture to remind me that persevering is the key to getting through those days that I would rather write off as easily forgotten.  "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.  The key word in that Scripture that helps me endure is always!  When we literally can't do a thing to help those that are struggling, we can still pray with those individuals and watch the miracles begin.  God says when you think about giving up, I'll be there to help you persevere!  Is that not the best hope that any of us has been given?  When you feel like giving up, let me encourage you to reach out to me so that I can pray for you!  Brothers and sisters, I feel as though I hit a wall a couple of weeks ago and the head cold of ages has rocked my world.  Working 13-16 hour days has not helped but God has allowed me to let Him carry me and He has assured me that His love will endure!  No matter what you have been carrying in your backpack,  your Lord and Savior is ready to carry it for you!  Give Him the opportunity to shine through your situation and be ready to see a miracle transpire!
Your brother in Christ,
p     

No comments:

Post a Comment