Thursday, April 12, 2012

Getting out of the mire! Psalm 40:2; Psalm 69:14

Good morning everyone,
Have you ever felt as though you can't get your footing?  Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a rut where my wheels are spinning but I don't get anywhere!  The rut just gets deeper and deeper, until I completely stop what I'm doing and realize it is going to take something extra special to get me out.  When we cry out to God and allow the Holy Spirit to lift us from the mire, then we are able to go forward.  See, sometimes in order to get our attention, He stops us in our tracks to say to us that we are doing it all wrong.  On the surface the rut may appear to be shallow but then we find it to be extremely deep and we bottom out.  Psalm 40:2 tells us that He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  We can fool our self and believe that we can go it alone but I'm here to tell you that only He is able to give you a firm place to stand.  Psalm 69:14 says rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters.  Mire reminds me of quick sand.  The harder you fight, trudge and flounder, the more you sink.  Remember to stop the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.  Try it His way!  Your way isn't working and He is telling you that He is ready to put you on solid ground!  He doesn't mean for you to give up.  He is simply asking you to listen to Him and try His way rather than do it the way you've been doing it!  When you feel as though you're losing control and people are attacking you for no justifiable reason, ask the Holy Spirit to work through you to deliver Godly results.  Who knows?  Maybe God has 'fruit' written all over that opportunity!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment