Friday, April 13, 2012

Lost and found! Jeremiah 50:6; Luke 15:5-7

Good morning everyone,
Jeremiah 50:6 says, 'My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains.  They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.'  For 40 years, Israel had no home except wandering in the desert; lost, frustrated, and ready to give up. They were so close to the promised land but were not allowed to enter.  Do any of you have the same issue that I have in getting lost?  My wife is constantly reminding me to go the opposite direction from which my internal gps wants to go.  Many of you who have driven with me experience the same frustration.  I always feel as though I'm driving in unfamiliar territory.  Fortunately I have tools to help me find my way (mostly Deborah or one of you).  Even though many of you don't have directional issues while driving, there is a much bigger picture about being 'lost' that is at stake.  Unless we listen to His daily directions, we will be wandering around in unfamiliar territory!  Lamentations 3:19 reminds us that with wandering comes bitterness and gall.  Luke 15:5-7 are verses that we should praise God about because all of us were once lost before we were found.  And when He finds it, He joyfully puts it on His shoulders and goes home.  Then He calls His friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with Me; I have found My lost sheep.'  I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.  We all need to repent!  Ask the Holy Spirit to work in and through you to clean out all the bitterness and gall that you seem to want to hold on to!  Before you know it, the landscape will be cleared and the pathway will be crystal clear!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment