Thursday, November 18, 2010

The lessons of tough times! Hebrews 12:11

Hello everyone and good morning,
No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it (Hebrews 12:11).  The times that try your soul are also the times that build your character.  As I approach my reading time this morning, I wake up renewed and thankful that God saw fitting to reach down and grab me and not let me sink beyond His reach.  When we have too many distractions that keep us from realizing that God is trying to get our attention, I've learned a couple of things will happen.  Either we continue to go down the spiral until we reach complete poverty (Spiritually) or we reach for His hand so that He can pull us to safety.  We can flirt with the edge of the envelope all we want but doing that only leads to eventual chaos!  Everybody loves a good party but if that party is not one that praises our Savior, it really is only a disguise to a headache at the end!  Isn't it ironic that society says the more you have, the more you are set free.  In reality, the more you have, the easier it is to have other things occupy your time rather than spending those precious times with the Lord. 
In many cases there are people who have known dire economic straits, yet their trust has enabled them to step outside their grim conditions and to find joy in life, so they run against the grain (Brennan Manning-The Way of Gratefulness).  Do you know anyone like that?  I've always said I know the reason the Lord never made me financially rich:  because I would be so distracted, that I would not need Him!  Yet in contrast to what society says:  I am wealthy beyond measure because I have been assured of 'riches in Heaven'!  Shout to the Lord this morning as you arise thanking Him that you too are 'rich beyond measure'!!!!
Your brother in Christ,
p        

No comments:

Post a Comment