Monday, November 22, 2010

Why does God allow all this trouble? Deut 6:10-12; Hebrews 12:1-4; Psalm 23; 2 Cor. 12:8-10

Good morning everyone,
I heard the most remarkable sermon yesterday and I would like to say thank you in advance to Brother Terry Harbin for allowing me to use his notes for the devotional today.  I had the distinct privilege of going to West Mobile Baptist Church because that is where God directed me!  Brother Terry asked these questions as he started his message:  'Is He listening and does He Care?'  'Why does God allow All this trouble?'  We live in very troubled times and there really is only one guarantee and that guarantee is Jesus Christ!!  He wants us to remember Him-Deut. 6:10-12; He wants us to learn of Him-Hebrews 12:1-4; He wants us to depend on Him-Psalm 23; He wants to demonstrate His grace-2 Cor. 12:8-10.  In every one of these 4 examples, the word Him and His are the words that stand out!  Whether times are rich or times are lean, remember Him, learn of Him, depend on Him, and His Grace (unmerited favor) will cover you completely!  Thanksgiving is approaching and this lesson taught me, with water pouring from my eyes, how Great our Savior is and how much He Loves each of us!  May each of you be thankful in the abundance that you have been given and may that be a reflection to others!  As my friend John would say, 'Don't be scared!'
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment