Wednesday, August 10, 2011

From rags to riches! Isaiah 64:6 & Psalm 112:1,3

Good morning everyone,
We are all as dirty rags but we don't have to stay that way!  He has guaranteed us a richness like no other!  Ladies and gentlemen, the Father wants to cloth you in garments that will last for an eternity and they will be identified by the brightest brights!  When we have the opportunity to take a bath or a shower, we get clean for a period of time but then we need another washing or we start smelling.  Our Savior offers us a 'stay fresh clean!'  Isaiah 64:6 says, 'All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.'  Psalm 112:1 says, 'Praise the Lord!  Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments.'  Later in verse 3, 'Wealth and riches will be in his house, And his righteousness endures forever.'  We will never be enough but He is all we need!  Folks, we are sinners and there is no getting around that but the grace that Jesus Christ provides us is life eternal with the Father!  We are going to continue to struggle in this life and mess up and none of us deserve 'chance number who can count?'  But guess what?  Our Savior tells us to fear Him and live for Him and our riches will be riches we could never imagine!  Struggles in this life but rewards immeasurable in the life to come!  I don't know about you, but that gets me excited!!  Philippians 1:21-26 says, 'For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  If I am going to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me.  Yet what shall I choose?  I do not know!  I am torn between the two:  I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.'  My prayer for each of you today is for you to use these verses to remind you that we are all but 'dirty rags' but He is ready to give you riches beyond your wildest dreams!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment