Monday, September 26, 2011

Thanking God for you! 1 Thessalonians 1:2

Good evening everyone,
1 Thessalonians 1:2 says, 'We thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.'  When you think about your brothers and sisters in the Lord, can you say that you continually pray for them like Paul did for the Thessalonians?  The power of prayer is better than any gift that you can give to someone!  And your prayer does matter!  It is amazing to me how many times I see my prayer answered before I can even put in on paper or before it even leaves my mouth.  Ladies and gentlemen, God knows your heart and He is capable of answering before you have even conceived the idea of praying!  With that said, I will get an email and someone is requesting prayer!  God prompts me to pray for that individual and at that point, I make a conscious effort to either pray or put it off!  Sometimes when I take the few seconds that it takes to respond, whether in writing or just speaking it, I will go down a few more emails and realize that it has already been answered!  The important thing is when God prompts, don't delay.  His desire is for you to listen and obey!  In the previous verse I would like to say that I love each of you so much as brothers and sisters in the Lord that my desire is to pray for you continually.  I learned a long time ago that when someone ask you to pray for them, if you delay, you will get too busy and more times than not your remembering to pray for that person will sort of fall through the cracks.  If someone ask you to pray, stop what you are doing long enough to shout out to the Lord!  Your Father is always ready to text you back!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment