Saturday, September 24, 2011

What is your favorite scripture? John 3:16-17

Good morning everyone,
When I prepare for the devotionals that I send to you, I usually look at the Bible Gateway website because if I'm looking for topic, I can plug one word in and it will identify a number of different scriptures.  I can also plug in a particular verse and it will show me a variety of different languages and versions.  A great tool to help you with your daily walk.  What caught my eye this morning was an article about the top 10 most searched bible verses from the 8 million visitors who stop by their website each month.  See if one of these verses is your favorite or let me know if you have a different one.

   (10) Matthew 28:19-'Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.'
   (9) Philippians 4:6-'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.'
   (8) Romans 12:2-'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will.'
   (7) Proverbs 3:6-'In all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.'
   (6) Proverbs 3:5-'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.'
   (5) Genesis 1:1-'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.'
   (4) Philippians 4:13-'I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.'
   (3) Romans 8:28-'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.'
  (2) Jeremiah 29:11-'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
  (1) John 3:16-'For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.'


There are so many favorites of mine but for the moment John 3:17 comes to mind because God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it but to save it.  That gives me 'incredible hope.'  Brothers and sisters, get to know your Bible so that you know where to go when you need to and you will find that you will never leave home without it! By the way, it is the Sword of Truth and it will protect you from anything that this world has to throw at you!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment