Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Day of the Lord! 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28

Good morning everyone,
I know it has been a while since you last heard from me and for that I apologize.  As my dad would say, "I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger!"  It seems as though time gets out of control sometimes and the older I become, the faster that out of control gets.  For today's devotional, I would like to address the urgency of being ready.  All of us have busy life styles and I think that is the toughest element in staying connected with our Savior!  According to 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28, we are all on borrowed time.  If you feel as though there is real peace and security in your life and you haven't trusted God as your personal Lord and Savior, let me encourage you to do so this very day.  None of us know the timing of His exact return, but we are to be ready as it states in verse 8.  "But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmut the hope of salvation."  Faith, hope and love are the keys to being ready.  No matter the situation we face, God has given us the weapons we need to face the giants!  It is satans goal to knock us off course and to get us caught up in the busyness of this world.  He doesn't want you to be ready, so for today choose whom you will serve!  Ask God to show you how to stay connected to Him.  When my time with Him wanes, I wander and before I know it, I'm lost!  Stay connected brothers and sisters and ask God to show you how to release the things that are not important (temporary) and to cling to the things that have eternal value! 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment