Friday, October 7, 2011

How long must I be with you and put up with you? Luke 9:41

Good morning everyone,
It is apparent to me that I get frustrated at times when there is very little I can do to change my situation.  God has placed me in the very place that I'm at to see how I will respond to things that go on around me.  I'm so busy being busy that I really miss what He is trying to show me.  I get frustrated at others when I have failed to see their dilemma because I'm so focused on my own dilemma.  Thinking back over the times that I've been frustrated at others, I'm reminded of the patience that my Father has for me!  Why can't I have the same patience for others that He has for me?  In Luke 9:41, Jesus asks the question, 'how long must I be with you and put up with you?'  Many times I'm sure that He has scratched His head and wondered will Paul ever get it?  In the heat of the moment, I say and do things that really shows my lack of sensitivity and caring for others.  Thankfully He isn't done with me yet and He gives me opportunity after opportunity to get it right!  1 Thessalonians 5:14-18 describes how I need to model my behavior.  'Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy.  Encourage those who are timid.  Take tender care of those who are weak.  Be patient with everyone.  See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to everyone else.  Always be joyful.  Keep on praying.  No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.'  
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment