Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How long do we need to struggle from despair? Psalm 13

Good morning everyone,
Do you ever feel like you are running on the same little cage that your hamster runs on?  The faster you run only results in running in the same place and getting nowhere!   Do you ever feel as though your praying for relief from despair and your trust in God seems to wain because He doesn't answer you immediately?  If you are really honest with yourself, probably all of us at times have felt that kind of despair!  David did and in Psalms 13, he prays up to God about relief from despair.  'O Lord, how long will you forget me?  Forever?  How long will you look the other way?  How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart everyday?  How long will my enemy have the upper hand?  Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!  Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die.  Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!"  Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.  But I trust in your unfailing love.  I will rejoice because You have rescued me.  I will sing to the Lord because He has been so good to me.'  The next time you feel defeated, deflated or just 'wore slick', don't hesitate from trusting God to restore you and even making you stronger!  Think about all and every setback as the stage to shine a light on the One who is capable of giving you a floodlight to show you the way!  Rejoice in the Rescuer before you see any signs of a rescue and before you know it, He will show you a way that you didn't even know existed!  An old hymn comes to mind and the words go like this;  trust and obey, for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment