Saturday, January 28, 2012

Do you treat home like it is treasured? Proverbs 24:3-4

Good morning everyone,
I returned home yesterday evening from being away to New York for 3 weeks?  Folks, 3 weeks is a long time from being away from the things that mean the most to you.  Both myself and the gentleman that I shared a room with had gotten to the point of being really homesick.  The first thing that I encountered upon landing was beautiful California weather.  The weather in New York, to say the least, had been rather unpredictable; cold, warm, rainy, snow, sleet, and all the above in a matter of a 48 hour period.  On top of the weather conditions, both of us had endured head colds.  Three weeks of wearing the same clothes makes you want to get rid of them all.  A slight fender bender while there didn't really help matters.  All in all, I learned a lot of valuable things and that is what I would like to focus on today.  When we become accustomed to the things that are treasured, we sometimes take them for granted.  It takes being absent from those maybe simple but beautiful pleasures for us to recall what is really important.  It reminds me of the Scripture that talks about what treasures are in Proverbs 24:3-4.  'By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasure.'  When the Lord gives you an open mind to see what is really important and what you should treasure, grab on to it and don't let it go.  I told my wife upon seeing her that she has never looked more beautiful.  May He open your eyes so you too can see all the treasures that He has in store for you!
Your brother in Christ,
p     

No comments:

Post a Comment