Thursday, January 26, 2012

Don't be disappointed! 2 Corinthians 8:4-6

Good morning everyone,
One of the hardest lessons to learn in life is the disappointment that we receive when we put our expectations above where they should be!  When we expect different results than what is reality, we most likely will be frustrated and feel defeated.  If you are getting different results than what you've been expecting, let me make a suggestion.  See first if your expectation is above where it should be and if not let the results speak volumes about who you are as person.  When my expectations exceed where they should be, almost every time I have a selfishness checkup!  The only expectations I can ever have and never be disappointed are the things that I expect from my Father.  When I go to Him and give Him my entire list of wants and desires (as long as they are not my selfish desires), He will give me more than I ever desire or need!  When we serve like Jesus did, we will find that extraordinary results will come out on top.  I have to go to the Father constantly asking Him to change me on the inside all the way to the outside!  If I just change the outside appearance, nothing good can be the result.  The outside is man made and looking around you may see many people that look gorgeous, but remember the inside is God made and it comes from humbly seeking His face!  Saying you are sorry when you mess up is okay because it draws you closer to the One who can change you!  In 2 Corinthians 8:4-6, Paul addresses the Corinthians by saying that God has given the Macedonian churches much grace.  Why?  In verse 5, he proceeds to tell them that they gave themselves first to the Lord.   Anytime we give ourselves first to the Lord, God is the result!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment