Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When God allows you success, don't think it is about you! 1 Peter 5:5-6

Good morning to all,
One of the hardest lessons I've ever had to learn really deals with humility!  In 1 Peter 5:5-6, we are reminded that God sets himself against the proud, but He shows favor to the humble.  So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in His good time He will honor you.  Why is it that we forget very quickly 'Who' gave us the ability to succeed?  When I thank Him first in everything that I do, the results are amazing!  Habakkuk 2:4 says, "See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright--but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness."
When we are faithful in the little things daily and if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).  As you go through your day, ask the Father to keep you in the palm of His hand and help you to remain faithful in everything you do!  Watch what happens!  If I had to say one thing that has changed very dramatically in the last year of my life, I would have to say that the Lord has shown me the necessity of staying humble.  May God richly Bless each of you as you continue to seek His face!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment