Thursday, March 10, 2011

Where does all Christian service begin? 1 Corinthians 15:9-10

Good morning everyone,
As I awake to start the day, I'm reminded of the question that is asked in the title of today's devotional.  In the book, 'Revolution In World Missions' that I'm reading by K.P. Yohannan, he asks the question, 'Where does all Christian service begin?'  He immediately answers his question by saying that it begins at the intersection of humility and obedience!  Wow!  1 Corinthians 15:9-10 says, "For I am the least of all the apostles, and I am not worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted the church of God.  But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me---and not without results."  If we are truly humbled and are obedient by following Christ, there is great rewards but those rewards come at a price!  Any decision you make, consider it an honor and privilege to take the path that God has laid out for you.  There will be days like today that I would have loved to sleep later than usual but as I lay there, I was reminded of His still small voice asking me to get up so He could give me my instructions for the day.  It is a choice that we chose to make!!The opposite of humility and obedience are pride and disobedience!  Consider that every single thought you have leads you closer to Him or it takes you further away.  Another great line that K.P. says is, "No matter what you do, never take yourself too seriously!"  It is easy to get pumped up in our walk with Jesus if we begin to think that any good that we do is a reflection of our self!  That is when the problems begin.  Instead, ask Jesus for you to be a reflection shining the 'brightness' back to Him!  Think of a mirror that you hold in your hand pointing at the sun.  If you position it just right, you can literally blind someone or yourself by looking directly at the reflection.  Would it not be the coolest if we were to walk around in our day and because of the 'brightness' that we display, others would be drawn to us?  People in this world are searching for answers to life's problems!  Ask the Holy Spirit to turn your light on so that others will want to have what you have!!!! 
Your brother in Christ,
p  

No comments:

Post a Comment