Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hungry for the Savior! Matthew 25:35

Good morning everyone,
So many people are hungry but they are not getting fed with food that is good for them!  As I sit here at Coco's this morning having a bite to eat, I'm reminded of how important our bodies need to be fed but that is only a temporary fix.  Each time we eat, our bodies use the calories we consume until we need to do the process all over.  If we stop eating, soon our bodies would stop functioning all together.  Our soul is the same way!  If we don't get fed Spiritually, our soul starts to wither and if ignored long enough, it will eventually die with our bodies.  As I have gone through the motions these last few weeks (everything has been a blur), I'm reminded of how God has never left my side even though I've not really had the opportunity to give Him the time that He needs.  Fortunately I had enough in my tank to recall those Scriptures and Promises to get me through those extremely busy times.  Deuteronomy 31:6 says, 'Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you.'  What a great promise!  It is really important to know that we all go through times that we have to go through the motions.  Is your tank full enough to get you through those times?  Ask the Lord to fill you up to the brim so that it will sustain you when you can't make sense of the things that are happening!  Matthew 25:35 says, 'For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.'  Pray for those that don't see a need for being filled up with the Savior.  Ask Him to touch their heart cords so that they can see the need to be hungry for the Savior!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment