Monday, May 2, 2011

Turn inconveniences into opportunities to praise! Galatians 6:10

Good evening everyone,
Travel this week was almost to a tee what the previous week was with one exception.  I flew to Corpus Christi from Dallas instead of driving.  Same bad windy, rainy, stormy weather with a little break in the action for us to be able to take off.  Previous 2 flights for the day were canceled and this was the last opportunity until tomorrow!  When we relax in His arms, regardless of how we get to where we are going, He will ultimately take care of us!  As I sat on the runway for approximately 1 1/2 hours waiting to hear the outcome, I couldn't help but think about having to drive another 7 hours down to Corpus Christi.  It is sort of crazy how satan has a tendency to mess with your mind reminding you of previous inconveniences.  What he doesn't know is how I had fellowship on the previous 7 hour trip with the Savior!  If the Father felt like I needed to drive another 7 hour trip with Him calling the shots, I had decided that He knew that I needed to spend more quality time with Him and I was okay with that!!  All around me, I could hear people grumbling and trying to explain to others on the phone why they were unable to fulfill their obligations.  For myself, I asked the Lord to use my time effectively for His glory so I read Scripture, did a Bible study and prepared for the men's Prayer breakfast this next Saturday!  Sometimes an inconvenience is really more of getting our attention and directing us to do what He wants and not what we want!  That 'still small voice' is the key with our walk with Him whether we are on a plane in a storm or in the middle of an oasis.  When you are inconvenienced, are you a complainer or do you look for an opportunity to praise Him!  Galatians 6:10 says, 'So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.' 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment