Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hands and Feet! 1 John 4:17

Good morning everyone,
We were made for something much greater than you can even imagine!  Symbolic of who He is, He has ask us to be an example of His hands and His feet!  Audio Adrenaline sings the song titled 'Hands and Feet' and it is one of my favorites.  The lyrics go as such:
     An image flashed across the TV screen
          Another broken heart comes in to view
         I saw the pain and I turned my back
          Why can't I do the things I want to?
         I'm willing yet I'm so afraid
          You give me strength
         When I say

                      (Chorus)
         I want to be your hands
         I want to be your feet
         I'll go where you send me
         I'll go where you send me
                      (Repeat)

         And I try, yeah I try
          To touch the world like
         You touched my life
          And I find my way
         To be your hands

         I've abandoned every selfish thought
          I've surrendered everything I've got
         You can have everything I am
          And perfect everything I'm not
         I'm willing, I'm not afraid
          You give me strength when I say
                      
                      (Chorus)

He wants to take you as you are, broken and wounded, scared and afraid, because He can use anybody to build His kingdom.  If you can imagine for a minute, even with all your previous mess ups, He can still use you to spread the same love that He represents!  No, you don't have to get all gussied up before the process begins.  If you are willing and not scared (famous words of John Ferguson), then ask the Lord to use you right where you are at and let the process begin and live a life worthy of the Lord!  Can you imagine having Him touch you when you are face to face with Him hearing these words, "Well done good and faithful servant!" 1 John 4:17 says, "And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect.  So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face Him with confidence because we are like Christ here in this world." 
Your brother in Christ,
p   
            

No comments:

Post a Comment