Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is Jesus truly Lord of your life? Psalm 18:25-30

Good morning everyone,
When you start thinking about what you are thankful for, what is the first thing that comes to mind?  This morning, it is though God has given me a new sense of direction.  When everything is taken away, even if it is for a brief period, the situation has a tendency to put everything in prospective.  When God touches you with His still small voice, do you listen or do you chalk it up to indigestion?  He wants to desperately touch you in a way that you see the immediate need to do a 180 degree turn in your life.  I say desperately because either you do those 180's or you end up going in the wrong direction.  Are you going in the wrong direction?  Let me give you a sense of where I'm going with this devotional.  Every time I open up completely and let the Lord direct my thoughts and actions, I am amazed at the results.  The biggest honor, privilege, and sense of awe is not tied to what I physically own or do but it is in the work of the Holy Spirit through my life and the lives of the people I care for and love!  When I make right decisions, it is evident in seeing God work in and through me!  Wednesday morning I was able to pray with my best friend (Deborah), my beloved daughter Ariel and hear from my dear friends Todd and Gary and share my story of how God gave me a choice of either complaining about my displaced luggage or take the mess and turning it into something beautiful.  The more we allow Him to fill us up, the less room satan has any place to roam around and distort the 'Truth!'  As I'm writing this devotional, I'm honored to have over 100 individuals that I send this to daily!  It is my desire that the Lord give me 1000's to encourage and steer to Him.  We all have choices and may it be your choice to serve Him today.  Ariel shared this scripture with me on Wednesday morning and I really want you folks to listen to the 'Mighty' and 'Powerful' words of encouragement it offers.  Psalm 18:25-30 says, 'With the merciful You show Yourself merciful; with the blameless man You show Yourself blameless; with the purified You show Yourself pure; and with the crooked You make Yourself seem tortuous.  For You save a humble people, but the haughty eyes You bring down.  For it is You who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.  For by You I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.  This God---His way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.'  May we all seek His as we prioritize Him to be Master of our lives!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment