Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Remain Faithful with the Little that You have! Luke 16:10-13

Good morning everyone,
God is so good not just some of the time but all of the time!  It is amazing to me to see His hand at work when we are without.  When I didn't have luggage for a day and a half, I came to the realization how much I appreciate clean clothes and the effects of toiletry items.  Everyday, I get up and shower, put on a fresh set of washed clothes, and the list goes on and on of the things that I take for granted.  It is amazing how the last 36 hours has reminded me about how so many folks wear the same clothes over and over again.  They don't have the convenience of a freshly laundried shirt that is neatly pressed.  In fact, taking a warm shower and having soap and shampoo are very seldom.  Sometimes I take two showers or more a day depending on how smelly I get.  These last 36 hours have been like a whirlwind, but the Lord who created me, has never been closer.  Sometimes the distractions that we view as conveniences keep us from giving Him the attention He wants so badly!  When you have little, you focus in on the immediate much more than when you have plenty!  I was able to tell everyone I spoke with yesterday about how the Lord got me to Corpus Christi safely and that He gave me strength and alertness that my tired and weary body should not of had.  He allowed me to have an extremely successful day even though the amount of sleep I got was minimal!  Instead of me complaining about my poor situation, I let Him use me to show everyone about His 'Great Love!'  Luke 16:10-13 tells us, 'One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.  If then you have not been faithful in the uprighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?  And if you have not been faithful in that which is anothers, who will give you that which is your own?  No servant can serve two masters, for either he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve God and money.'  Remember the following:
       Happy moments, praise God!
       Difficult moments, seek God!
       Quiet moments, worship God!
       Painful moments, trust God!
       Every moment, thank God!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment