Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When Life seems like a Whirlwind! Nahum 1:3

Good morning everyone,
I have so many things to share with you that it is hard to know where to start!  I got up on Monday morning early to prepare to go to the airport not realizing this day was going to be different than most.  I usually travel out of Ontario but this Monday I had to leave out of LAX in Los Angeles.  On a good day, it takes approximately 2 hours to drive and turn in a rental.  I left home at 5:30 a.m. and arrived at LAX around 9 a.m.  The roads were packed and the security lines were out the door of the terminal and down the street.  I walked up to the gate as they were beginning to board the plane for a 10:05 a.m. departure.  The plane left as scheduled and as we approached DFW (Dallas Fort Worth), storms in the area made us circle for approximately 1 hour.  We still couldn't land so we were diverted to Oklahoma City to refuel.  Stayed in Oklahoma City for approximately 1 hour before returning to DFW and in turn missed my connecting flight to Corpus Christi.  The next plane for me to take was 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening because of all the back up list of passengers.   I knew that I needed to be in Corpus Christi for a 10:00 a.m. meeting on Tuesday morning.  The only alternative was to get a rental car and drive the approximate 425 miles.  By this time I knew that it would take more than my abilities to pull that off but God is so faithful and at 2:00 a.m. Tuesday morning I pulled into Corpus at my hotel.  Moral of the story!  God gives strength to the powerless.  God told me that He would protect me and He also told me that there were a bunch of people that needed to hear about His Love here in Corpus Christi, Texas.  That they were important and that if I weren't here, then they may not get the opportunity to hear about their benefits.  Sometimes we need to realize that a much greater 'Power' is in control than the power that we possess.  When life seems like a whirlwind, let the One who can calm the storm take over!  Nahum 1:3 says, 'The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means clear the guilty.  His way is in the whirlwind and storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.'  With a power that great, the storms of your life are a piece of cake for Him to calm!  Give them to Him so whatever comes your way, He will shine through!!!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment