Monday, June 18, 2012

Accomplish much for the Lord! Isaiah 55:10-12

Good morning everyone,
When we think about the word accomplish, we often look forward to what we anticipate that we will get done or looking back at what we've already done.  Sometimes, if not most of the time, our accomplished list may be different than our intended list.  The most important things that we can accomplish in a given day are the things that honor and glorify the Lord.  Isaiah 55:10-12 says, 'As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes out of My mouth:  It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.  You will go out in joy and be lead forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.'  When we accomplish the things that are really important, God smiles!  In order that we do the things on our intended list that are important, we need to be connected to Him.  If you are like me, I need lists to remind me so that I can categorize them into levels of importance.  If I don't do that, inevitably certain things will get left off.  Just ask my wife!   If we don't stay connected to our Savior, how will we ever really know what is important to Him and how will our accomplishments amount to much?  Jeremiah 30:23-24 describes to us that God has a list and He will not stop until He fully accomplishes the purposes of His heart.  Let us all become part of that list so that He can accomplish much through us for His kingdom!
Your brother in Christ,
p   

No comments:

Post a Comment