Wednesday, June 6, 2012

His grace is sufficient! 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Good morning everyone,
When you think about the condition you are faced with, do you see any hope?  2 Corinthians 12:7-10 gives us insight into Paul's condition.  So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.  See Paul ask God to take away the things that bothered Him.  Yet, since He had to live with them, He didn't stay in the moment continuing to complain about them!  Even in the midst of your weaknesses, He is ready to make you strong.  Be content in the moment and allow God the flexibility to use your condition for His glory!  When the world sees God working in and through your hopelessness, that is when eyes are opened.  Don't sit and complain about your physical, mental, or your psychological state because God is ready to use that state to reveal His power.  There is one thing that satan can not take away from you and that is the Holy Spirit!  Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a peace about where you are at and then let Him take care of the weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities.  When we allow God to rule our being, His grace will be perfected through the thorns in each our lives. 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment