Friday, June 15, 2012

Were you given another chance that you passed up? Mark 12:30-31

Good morning everyone,
I suppose everybody that reads the devotional this morning is busier than a one arm paper hanger just like myself.  Busy enough that you passed by someone yesterday that maybe you didn't notice or you noticed and didn't take the opportunity to show them the love of Jesus.  To be real honest, when I pass someone in an intersection that looks lost and totally beaten down and I didn't at least make eye contact and tell them that Jesus loves them, it bothers me.  Chris Sligh sings a song and the lyrics go as such:  I wanna love because You love; I wanna give because You gave; I wanna reach my hand out to the lost because I know Your hand can save.  See, it shouldn't be our job to judge those folks on the corner, especially if they look like beggars.  Ask God to show you how to love them!  You don't necessarily have to give them money but an act of His love may make all the difference in the world.  You've just got to be willing to get your hands dirty.  He did for you!  Do you really want to know the struggle and the pain that others feel? Do you want to hear the stories you see echoed in their eyes or is the love that you're reflecting even real?  You say you're too busy to take time to even notice the lost and found that you go by during the day!  Maybe it's time to ask God to free up some time so you don't feel as though you can't give individuals the love that He wants you to show!  He did for you!  Mark 12:30-31 tells us to 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'  The second is this:  'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  There is no greater commandment than these.
Your brother in Christ,
p    

No comments:

Post a Comment