Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm about to lose control and I like it! Matthew 16:25

Good morning everyone,
As I start today's devotional, I'm reminded of the beautiful thought of being drawn closer to Him.  What a precious feeling it is to know that He is in control when I lose it.  A number of years ago the Pointer Sisters sang a song entitled, 'I'm so excited!'
Even though they were not referring to the Savior in their song, I think there are several lines of the song that could relate to a relationship with the Lord.  First of all, God wants you to be excited about the relationship with Him.  In their deperate plea to want to know a certain person in the song, He wants to know you intimately.  As we draw closer and closer to Him, it is certain we will lose control of our life because we are no longer the one calling the shots!  See, you can't serve man and God.  Matthew 16:25 tells us, "For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for Me will find it."  Don't  hide the fact that God is doing something big in your life.  Ask Him to let you know Him, know Him, know Him, and keep asking Him.  He gets excited when you place Him as top priority in your life and then you too will lose control and the excitement will be incomprehensible!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment