Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bigger than what you see! Psalm 119:114

Good morning everyone,
When you do something, do you have a habit of looking at your own needs?  Do you see the bigger picture or do you see the 12" screen of your own life?  When I prepare to travel on a weekly basis, I usually try and leave on Monday morning (not too early) and return on Friday evening (not too late) so that I can have a nice weekend with my family.  In most situations, that formula doesn't hold up.  So traveling gets to be tiring and it feels as if it is constant.  Sometimes, it makes more sense staying at a location rather than traveling home on the weekend.  That leads to frustration and bouts of loneliness.  Solving the problems on my end don't necessarily solve the problems for the people counting on me to be home.  I'm learning to trust Him more and more because the bigger picture He can see whereas I see the very little picture.  Instead of clinging to my frustration and loneliness, I've traded them in for His love and compassion!  When you take your eyes off your immediate dilemma, you can see much clearer what He wants you to see!  Psalm 119:114 says, 'You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in Your word.'  When we place our heart in His hand, we make choices that go beyond what we can see!  When someone needs you to be their for them next time, rethink your needs for their needs.  God can reveal a much bigger picture for you to see than the little picture you have been seeing!  
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment