Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Faith that holds; hope that endures; love that never fails! Psalm 42:8; 1 Corinthians 13:13; Colossians 1:23

Good morning everyone,
There are certain things that God expects from us, but in return He covers us with His amazing grace.  Psalm 42:8 says, 'By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me--a prayer to the God of my life.'  Matthew Henry comments that faith holds up the heart, notwithstanding, with hope that the day will dawn.  Sometimes I sleep so sound that I barely remember anything once I close my eyes.  Before I know it, I wake up to a new day.  Other times I seem as though I can't find a way to turn things off so that I get that peaceful rest.  When we allow our minds to race and focus on our issues, we are not allowing the Creator the opportunity to intercede.  Too many thoughts for me before bedtime will usually result in a restless night.  Faith and hope are extremely important elements of our makeup, but love is essential.  1 Corinthians 13:13 says, 'And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.'  Paul tells you in Colossians 1:23 for you to continue in your faith, be established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.  This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.  When we serve Him with our whole heart, those times of our minds racing will cease because He is now in control of everything we think.  Let me encourage you to start your day with His thoughts and give Him you thoughts throughout the day and see if it doesn't end with His thoughts. 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment