Thursday, August 9, 2012

How important are you? Luke 12:6-7; Psalm 139:13-16

Good morning everyone,
Have you forgotten how important you are?  Luke 12:6-7 reminds us by saying, 'Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.'  The intricacy of how God created the hairs on each head is amazing.  For instance, the average adult blonde has approximately 140,000 strands of hair, brunettes average 108,000 and redheads average 90,000 (more brainpowet though-hee hee).  The scripture reminds us that God numbered every hair on your head.  Yet, we seem to forget the exact detail that He put into our makeup!  God didn't make junk so be very careful when you compare yourself to your neighbor and wish that you looked like them.  Even if you don't consider yourself the next 'top model,' He does!  See, your worth is so much more than your appearance.  How you take care of that appearance is a different battle.  Many of you may struggle with self-esteem.  Psalm 139:13-16 reminds us and tells us how we were made:  'For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.'  Folks, if you read that scripture and still wish that you were somebody else, we need to talk!  Ask God to inject in you the definition of beauty and ask Him to give you a real sense of how He looks at you.  I think you will begin to see yourself in a whole new light!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment