Monday, August 6, 2012

When you are empty, He fills you up! Philippians 1:6

Good morning everyone,
This past weekend I felt as though I only had time to take care of the immediate need; no time to really just relax and enjoy the moment.  Even in the midst of chaos, there is joy if we allow Him to fill those chaotic moments!  Sometimes life goes so fast that you don't know how you are going to take your next step.  Somehow, you just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and trust that God will provide the ability.  After all, He tells us to trust Him through it all.  If it were all a cakewalk, why would we need Him?  As I flew back to Arkansas on Sunday, I sat on the plane contemplating the events that had just taken place.  I got home late on Friday night, had a Christian men's conference on Saturday morning, a date Saturday night with my wife, church on Sunday morning, lunch with Deborah and Ariel, and then back to the airport for a flight back to Arkansas.  Through all of I that, I had developed a head cold and I felt as though my tank was completely empty.  When we have exhausted all of the resources that He has provided us with, He will carry us across the finish line and smile because He knows that we did all we could.  Philippians 1:6 tells us that He who began a good work in you will carry it out to completion.  Folks, that completion for all intensive purposes may and probably will not be the way that you envisioned.  It doesn't matter!  Just remember, when you are faithful with the little you have, He is ready and able to make it count for so much more! 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment