Monday, October 18, 2010

God will use our past & present so we may serve Him with our future!

Hello everyone,
No matter where you find yourself, God is right where you are!  You may be going through a trial or just getting over one but realize that another one is just around the corner.  When we go through the valleys, I think it is important to reach out to those that love us and ask them to pray for us!  It is important to draw close to the Father and He also wants us to share our struggles with those closest to us!  Paul reminds us in Philippians 1:21-24, 'For to me, living is for Christ, and dying is even better.  Yet if I live, that means fruitful service for Christ.  I really don't know which is better.  I'm torn between two desires:  Sometimes I want to live, and sometimes I long to go and be with Christ.  That would be far better for me, but it is better for you that I live'.  I shared with my wife and best friend yesterday that I am going through a period where I feel numb!  I'm not sure if it is depression or just a time that I need to be available because God is trying to tell me something.  I know personally He is working on me to not be so judgmental and to not be so hypocritical!  Even a 52 year old can eat humble pie several times a day!  As I opened my Bible yesterday on the flight to Minneapolis, He gave me new insight on Genesis 1!   He told me that He created something so magnificent that there is no way even the smartest scientist can grasp the maginude of His creation.  A couple of statistics really stand out:  the vast galaxy we live in is spinning at the incredible speed of 490,000 miles an hour.  At that breakneck speed, our galaxy still needs 200 million years to make one rotation.  And there are over one billion other galaxies just like ours in the universe.  My head hurts now, but I want to end this devotional by saying that regardless of numbers we don't understand, God created you and I not by accident, but by 'divine appointment'.  On such and such a day He brought each of us into the Creation that we can't fully grasp.  Scientists believe that there are more stars than the grains of sand upon this earth!  Okay, my head just exploded.  With all of that said, He created you because He Loves you and you are even more important than the Creation I gave you numbers about that we will never be able to comprehend!  
Thought for today:  As you ponder on the magnificence of our Creator and Lord and while you have breath to breathe and blood pumping through your veins, just maybe He wants you to share that same Love with others!!!
Your brother in Christ,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment