Thursday, October 28, 2010

Listen to His still small voice!!! Proverbs 1:23-27

Good morning everyone,
I don't really know what the deal is but I seem to have an internal alarm clock around 2 o'clock every morning.  Sometimes I get frustrated and toss and turn and other times I drift back off to sleep.  But as I have gotten older, it seems to happen more frequently.  If at all possible and this week is a good example, I get my Bible and computer out or I lay in bed and try and listen for the message that my Father has to tell me.  He trys many times to communicate with us but I think we get so busy that we fail to realize what He is trying to say!  The next time you find yourself restless and wide awake in the middle of the night, don't squander that opportunity.  As I lay in bed right now, I'm reminded of the incredible stillness that the night holds.  I am in a cabin that is housing 2 other guys and I have the distinct pleasure of my own bedroom.  One of them is in the living area and the other in another bedroom.  So some of the night sounds are the hot water heater kicking off and then on, occasional snores coming from the middle room and the normal howling sounds of the wind outside.  In saying all of that, once the day begins no matter what your intentions are, there seems to be very little time to offer to Him!  Time where you can just 'listen'!  Proverbs 1:23-27 says, 'Come here and listen to me!  I'll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you and make you wise.  I called you so often, but you didn't come.  I reached out to you, but you paid no attention.  You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered.  So I will laugh when you are in trouble!  I will mock when disaster overtakes you---when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you'.  So the next time you find yourself wondering why you can't sleep, begin chatting but more importantly listening to that 'still small voice'.  It is at these times that I have received the most profound thoughts!
Your brother in Christ,
p    

No comments:

Post a Comment