Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blessings upon Blessings-Numbers 6:24-26

Hello everyone,
Wow!  I want to start today's devotional with telling you how incredibly blessed I am!  I want to boast for my Lord and Savior.  There is nothing I do on my own that is any good but when I unselfishly do stuff in the name of Jesus Christ, I reap rewards beyond description.  Oh by the way, I hope you can say that for yourself also.  If you can't we need to talk or prayerfully by the end of this devotional, you will feel blessed as well!  Nothing and I mean nothing really happens by chance!  If something happens, it ultimately is about choices.  Some choices we make are good ones and some choices we make are not so good!   Yeah I know some things are not in our control but the next step is our choice.  When I get in the way and I don't listen for His 'still small voice', I usually go down a path that leads to trouble.  On the other hand, when I stay connected with Him, I have His hand on every minor or major thought that comes out of my very small brain.  A lot has happened since the Christmas Holidays started.  One of the blessings that has come about is the ability to be home and off the road for approximately 3 weeks; another is the opportunity to catch up on honey dos that have accumulated over time; getting to know my spouse intimately and learning her love language (no I'm not referring to sex);  and the list goes on and on!  I was recently hit from the rear in my brand new car and as I prepared to exit my car to investigate the damage, I was approached by the driver of the other car and he immediately apologized and in the pouring down rain, he actually witnessed to me as we exchanged information, inviting me to church.  In every situation you have a choice to be a shining light for Him or you can feel as though your world is spinning out of control.  When you have your next issue and you will, let me suggest that you trust that the Lord will steer you through it and teach you His wisdom along the way!  Numbers 6:24-26 tells us that there are 5 parts to an a blessing (asking God's divine favor to rest upon others):  'May the Lord bless you and protect you.  May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.  May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace.'  Now, don't you also feel blessed?
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment