Thursday, January 27, 2011

Feelings of inadequacies-Exodus 4:10-12

Good morning everyone,
Have you ever experienced the feeling that you were not the right person for the job or the Lord was trying to show you one direction but you were headed in the opposite direction?  If we are really honest, we probably have all been in situations where we have had feelings of inadequacy.  In Exodus 4:10 Moses pleaded with the Lord.  'O Lord, I'm just not a good speaker.  I never have been, and I'm not now, even after you have spoken to me.  I'm clumsy with words.'  My first experience of public speaking in Speech 101 was a nightmare.  I was petrified to get up in front of people and talk to a class of 30 or 40.  The Lord took that experience and taught me volumes from that failure.  Exodus 4:11-12 says, 'Who makes mouths?' the Lord asked him.  'Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see?  Is it not I, the Lord?  Now go, and do as I have told you.  I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say.'  How many times do we do the same thing over and over again the same way expecting different results without consulting the One who created us?  By the way, I've heard it said that is the definition of insanity.  We make excuses for not consulting the best consultant ever because we think we know the answer or the problem is too frivolous to bother Him!  Hog wash!!  There is no problem too big or too small to not include Him!  If we were to stop and direct our thoughts and actions toward Him, we would need a lot less pills and Dr. Phil's in our lives!  He created you to be something different and unusual but more importantly He created you to be 'Special!'  The Lord didn't create your feelings of inadequacy!  Those are straight from satan himself.  When you are having a bad 'hair' day and you just can't seem to snap out of it, I encourage you to ask the Lord to speak to you in that moment so that He can give you a sense that He is in charge!  Isaiah 40:31 says it best:  'But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength.  They will fly high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.' 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment