Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Slow down and see what God is saying! Proverbs 16:32

Good morning everyone,
Have you ever heard the 59th Street Bridge Song by Simon and Garfunkel?  The first lyrics of the song tell us to, 'Slow down, you move too fast.  You got to make the morning last.'  Well have you ever thought that maybe the Lord is trying to get your attention sometimes for you to slow down but you keep on ignoring Him?  Well this morning was a prime example of that very thing!  I started out on the 91 freeway to go to work over in Santa Ana and of course the traffic was heavy.  My car wanted to dart in and about like the other cars were doing but each time I wanted to follow suit, something held me back!  In Proverbs 16:32, we are told, 'It is better to be patient than powerful; it is better to have self-control than to conquer a city.'  On at least 4 occasions, I was tempted to take off like a rocket when that inner small still voice (Holy Spirit) told me to maintain and hold back!  For good reason because each time there was a trooper watching my every move!  To the point they would follow me for a period of time before leaving me behind and looking for their next 'speeder!'  It could be possible because Deborah and I just had this conversation about when she drives my car, she gets much better gas mileage.  Ha!  So that may of kept me from bolting but I really think that the Lord wanted my attention and the Holy Spirit told me to slow down and enjoy the ride in spending it rejoicing with Them!  Let me know about your experiences.  I'll bet He will speak to you also!  
Your brother in the Lord,

No comments:

Post a Comment