Friday, December 16, 2011

Content but available for growth! 1 Timothy 6:6

Good morning everyone,
Do you find yourself in a place that you feel there should be so much more?  I think it is really easy to look at your neighbor and wish that you had what they have!  Some years ago I heard a sermon on contentment and it has stuck with me ever since and it changed my attitude toward my own situation.  At the time I didn't have a job and Deborah was the only income in the family.  Things were tight and my self esteem was lost in the closet.  The message was about being content where I was but allowing God to use me so that He could mold me into something so much more.  At the time, I thought how could He use nothing because that is what I thought I had to give.  I've learned that God is the Master of creating something out of nothing.  Let me explain!  When everything is against you and after you've tried all the things humanly possible (you feel as though you are at your lowest), that is when a true miracle can actually happen.  In the last 15 years, I've tried to contribute anyway I could to help support our family.  I've worked a number of jobs and most of them have not been that glamorous but I have never stopped trying to provide!  Through all of the early stages of my marriage, Deborah saw a man that was struggling but one that had great potential.  Let me encourage you to never stop seeking the Lord and you will find that He can show you what plan He has for you!  The situation you find yourself in may be rather grim, but the result of how He can use you can be life changing.  I look back now and I'm in awe of the adventure that Deborah and I have been on and He isn't through with us yet!  Give God the glory and you will be amazed at the contentment He gives while He creates an opportunity for expansion and for the focus to be on Him!  1 Timothy 6:6 says, 'But Godliness with contentment is great gain.'
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment