Sunday, December 4, 2011

Should we forgive everyone? Matthew 6:14-15

Good morning everyone,
As I start my day here in New York, I find myself tired and out of gas!  By the time I get back home, I will have been gone for a month.  There seems to  be cracks in my makeup.  Life here in New York seems to make the busy traffic in California seem like a cake walk in Central Park.  People don't have time to stop and respond to you saying hello because for the most part, they think you are wanting something in return.  They also have so much on their plate, they are driven to the point of the fast spin cycle in your Maytag!  Warp speed is what I call the mayhem in trying to drive and maneuver around the borough's of the city.  That brings me to the point of what this devotional is about today.  Everybody needs forgiveness!  Is it your job to determine what is going on with the people you encounter for you to determine if they should be forgiven?  In the situations I've described above, we have no earthly idea what they encountered before they come across our path.  Maybe they just got fired from their job, maybe they are going through a divorce, maybe they just committed murder, or maybe they are contemplating suicide!  The thief on the cross that ask for forgiveness is in Paradise with the Savior!  Should we not also forgive those that have committed the most heinous crimes and let God be the judge?  Matthew 6:14-15 addresses that issue!  "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."  That is not a suggestion; that my brothers and sisters is a command!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment