Saturday, December 10, 2011

Do you ever fear you will be left behind? 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Good morning everyone,
I come to you this morning with a sense of hope!  All of you have choices that you will make everyday.  Some good and some not so good.  1 Thessalonians 4:17 says 'After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And so we will be with the Lord forever.'  To me that gives me a hope that helps me to endure.  It should do the same for you.  For believers, it doesn't matter when your eternity starts because the guarantee is that you will be with the Lord.  In essence your eternity has already started.  Whenever the Lord decides to call you home, all you will be doing is changing addresses!  Woo Hoo! The little bit of suffering that you and I experience is only a speck in the scope of what our Lord and Savior suffered for us.  Staying in touch with the Father is the key to the endurance that we need to maintain and effectively finish the race.  Some of our loved ones will leave this physical earth before we do and it is our job to receive the directions He wants us to carry own.  As I age, I see my own life evaporating right before my eyes.  Some days I look in the mirror and I start to see an aging process that pictures only a few years ago didn't reveal.  With every wrinkle, may it remind me of the scars that Jesus bore for each of us on the cross.  To me the people that are most beautiful are those that shine a light for Jesus no matter how old they are physically.  Because then the wrinkles start to tell a story of what Jesus means to them.  My prayer for each of you is to know that it doesn't matter when He decides to take you home to be with Him.  It does matter that you be ready when that happens.  Live for Jesus as if He were coming today!
Your brother in Christ,
p    

No comments:

Post a Comment