Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Come and follow Me! Luke 18:22

Good morning everyone,
Everybody wants to follow somebody and I'm here to tell you if you follow anybody but Jesus, you are going to find that you are lost!  The hardest thing in life is to give up the temporary things that get their hooks in us and truly follow Jesus.  You can say that you've given up the so and so, but are you truly depending solely on His strength and guidance?  I'm reminded of a newer song being played on the radio right now by Building 429.  The title to the song is 'Where I Belong.'  Some of the lyrics go like this: 
          
           Sometimes it feels like I'm watching
                                         From the outside
           Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing
                                            But am I alive?

              I won't keep searching for answers
                                That aren't here to find

                    All I know is I'm not home yet
                           This is not where I belong
              Take this world and give me Jesus
                           This is not where I belong

The Bible says don't worry about the one who can destroy the body (the world) but be concerned with the One who can destroy the body and Spirit (God).  Take this world and give me Jesus!   Matthew 19:21, Matthew 28:18, Mark 10:21, and Luke 18:22 all address the issue that we as men and women have that keep us from serving Him!  In Luke 18:22, When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing.  Sell everything that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.  Then come, follow me.'  You may say He isn't really talking about giving up this or that!  Folks, I want you to consider what it means to really live for Jesus!  It may mean giving up your cable tv or it may mean serving in a way that you've never served before.  Ask the One that can give you the power to be able to let go of the things that really don't matter!  The Holy Spirit is the only gift that keeps on giving and giving whether you deserve it or not and by the way, you don't! Matthew 28:18 gives you power from the same Source that was given to Jesus!  We hold on to things that we feel like give us power.  What?  You can be connected to the Creator who gives power and yet you hold on to _________!   Fill in the blank and pray that God will remove it and replace the void with Jesus!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment