Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Deuteronomy 34:4

Good morning brothers and sisters,
It is apparent to me that the phrase, 'If at first you don't succeed, try and try again is really what God is asking each of us to do.'  You may have heard that phrase a number of times growing up and it was probably said to you to encourage you so that you wouldn't give up.  I remember it as being a frustrating comment because I usually heard it thinking that there was sarcasm rolled into it!  Probably because I wanted to give up, thinking my effort was a lost cause.  Well, if we really think about it, God is saying to each of us that the job at hand is probably more than we can handle on our own.  Think about all the examples that are in the Bible of common people that were able to do uncommon things because of the strength that the Lord gave them.  The next time you try and accomplish anything, approach it differently than you have in the past.  Simply say, 'Lord, I'm going to seek Your face about the situation that I'm presented with and I'm going to let You guide and steer me the whole way and let You control me anyway You see fit.  If I mess up, it will not be because I'm not listening.  It will be because You have a different result needed to accomplish something I don't fully understand right now.  I'm going to trust You completely Lord.'  One of those examples in the Bible talks of how Moses never saw the fruit of his labor.  Yet, he never quit trying!  Moses wandered for over 40 years with his people in the desert seeing the 'Promised Land' from a distance, but never was given the opportunity to enter.  Even if you don't see your prayers answered, God still wants you to remain faithful because those prayers may be answered in generations to come!  In Deuteronomy 34:4, the Lord said to him, "This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob when I said, 'I will give it to your descendants.'  I will let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it."  Seek His face and do as He ask of you and the really important stuff will set an example for others!
Your brother in Christ,
p   

No comments:

Post a Comment