Friday, February 17, 2012

Crying out for Mercy! Psalm 86:5-7

Good morning everyone,
Do you remember when you were younger and you played a game where you wrestled and then someone would potentially hold you down and you basically had to cry for mercy?  I always seem to get picked with the biggest and strongest kid in class.  He could rarely ever catch me, but if he did, I felt like I was going to die.  Or do you remember playing dodge ball and getting beaned right in the middle of your forehead.  My wife especially disliked that game!  Usually you had superior kids who loved these games and you had scrawny kids like me who hoped for less violent games!  Sometimes you might wonder why God allowed all the childhood chaos or how you made it through?  Life is a mystery and the outcome seems to be a series of ups and downs for all of us.  It teaches you that no matter how big and tough you might think you are, there is going to be a time when you  need to 'cry out for mercy!'  No, not escaping the dodge ball, but more about the bigger things in life.  The dodge ball was all you could handle at the time because it seemed as though you were climbing Mount Everest!  Now the mountain is much bigger!  Now you may be holding on to the delicate threads of enduring your life due to a physical, emotional or spiritual situation that you find yourself in or all three!  God allows situations from childhood all the way through your life to see how you are going to respond to His getting your attention.  He made us completely dependent on Him even though most of the time we try and deal with our situations by ourselves.  Why?  Psalm 86:5-7 is what happens when we cry out to Him!  You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to You.  Hear my prayer, Lord; listen to my cry for mercy.  When I am in distress, I call to You, because You answer me.  Folks, depend on Him today and stop thinking that you are able to make better decisions than the One who actually created you!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment